Tweed Heads, NSW 2485.
Established in 2004 from our head office in Warrington UK, ELLUC Projects remains a family owned engineering consulting practice. Our successful growth across the UK to include an additional two regional offices in Leeds (Yorkshire & North East) & Birmingham (Midlands & Southern).Following our success in the UK, ELLUC Projects entered into a contractual agreement with NSW State Government in October 2019 for our investment to create jobs of the future in digital engineering out of Tweed Heads. Our Tweed Heads office will provide us with the resources to fully design & detail in 3D to significantly reduce the risk of delays & overspend in building & infrastructure projects, alongside increasing safety and innovation in construction. During 2020, ELLUC secured an additional office in Manila, Philippines to assist with our future contract opportunities in South East Asia.
Initially reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the role of Trainee Draftsperson will suit an ambitious individual looking to start a career within design & detailing of building and infrastructure projects.
This is a full time role, based at our Australian head quarters in Tweed Heads, NSW.
You will complete internal training on Reinforced Concrete & Precast detailing within TEKLA, alongside completing a Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting.
ELLUC Projects Training
Below is a basic overview of the training structure which ELLUC Projects will provide, to equip you with the technical skills for the position.
- Basic training in BIM, common data environments, workflows & LOD’s
- Responsibilities of the design process
- Principals & standards for creating engineering drawings and schedules
- Detailing principals of reinforced concrete, and other structural elements
- Production of 3D TEKLA models
- Use of BIM to develop intelligent TEKLA data models for sharing and collaboration with project stakeholders
- Exporting data from intelligent models into fabrication software
- Completion of initial training
- Providing support to senior detailers for creating shop drawings, general arrangements, 3D modelling, bar bending schedules and intelligent data sets
- Liaising with clients, architects, contractors and other project stakeholders
- Supporting the Engineering Manager and Senior Engineer as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of senior school or TAFE accreditations
- Basic understanding of computer aided design
- Ability to work as a team to further develop your knowledge
- Strong attention to detail, organisation, and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to develop a successful long term career
- Experience within the construction industry considered desirable
While specific performance targets will be agreed with successful candidates, this role can progress to Project Coordinator / TEKLA Detailer and further progression to Senior Project Coordinator / Senior Detailer is achievable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org